In the UAE, 68% of online buyers favour retail websites, while 17% favour brand websites for their purchases which favours e-commerce business in Dubai. With such a sizable market in mind, Dubai has been implementing the most recent technological advances in its trade zones. These technological changes would also expedite the establishment of new e-commerce businesses.
Considering the scope and facilities in UAE, entrepreneurs are turning to e-commerce, reaching out to more markets. Thus, an e-commerce business in UAE offers ample opportunities for UK entrepreneurs. This blog will walk you through how to start an ecommerce business.
What Are the Benefits of Starting an E-commerce Business in Dubai?
The E-commerce industry in the UAE is ushering in the next wave of transformation. If you’ve been thinking to venture a foot into it, here are some of the benefits of starting an e-commerce business in Dubai:
- There have been many technological reforms and government initiatives to start a company in Dubai. This has made the required paperwork negligible.
- Based on the global e-commerce accelerator Pattern’s survey, 74% of the UAE population would spend more online shopping in 2022. Thus, there is a considerable scope for an e-commerce business.
- You can have 100% ownership over your e-commerce business in the UAE. Furthermore, you can repatriate all the capital you’ve invested and earned profits completely. Also, you may not need to pay taxes in Dubai for your e-commerce company, thanks to its tax-free environment.
- Multiple currency transactions are permitted in the UAE.
- Dubai serves as a strategic location as it connects the four corners of the globe by land, air and sea. Also, the city’s logistics facilities make it a profitable location for UK businesses.
- Dubai is one of the world’s most technologically advanced emirates. You can leverage these advanced facilities in Dubai for your e-commerce business activities.
- You may think of growing your e-commerce business in the future. Hence, you’d need more inventory and more storage space along with a few changes to your e-commerce website. These requirements are far less costly than an offline store. Moreover, Dubai is equipped enough to fulfil these requirements.
- Several businesses in Dubai deal with a plethora of products and services. They could be the potential manufacturers or suppliers for your e-commerce company.
- Marketing an e-commerce company is more cost-effective than promoting it offline. Moreover, you can also access customer data through your e-commerce platform. Hence, you can market your company more accurately.
What Documents Do You Need to Start an E-commerce Business in Dubai?
You’ll have to submit some documents before you set up an e-commerce business in Dubai. Correct and valid documentation will wind up the company formation process quickly. The documents mentioned below are just a peek of what’s needed:
- Copies of passports and visas
- Two passport-size photographs
- Entry visa and stamp pages
Experts at Shuraa can help you with the detailed list of the required documents.
How to Start an E-commerce Business in Dubai?
Once you have all the mandatory documents, you can begin the process to set up your e-commerce business in Dubai. We’ve broken down the process in seven steps. Read on to know better.
1. Decide the Business Activity
The first step in starting an ecomm business is to choose a business activity. Investigate the e-commerce spaces you’re interested in. Accordingly, pick a business activity that you can carry out confidently.
2. Register Your Company’s Name
Your e-commerce company’s name is an important aspect for your business. So, come up with a distinctive, memorable and authentic name. Then, register that name with the concerned authorities.
Note: The UAE authorities have stipulated some rules for naming a business. Make sure that you abide by those rules while choosing your company’s name.
3. Decide Your Company Structure
An e-commerce business with the right corporate structure would function more efficiently. So, select an appropriate structure for your e-commerce company. The structure could be a sole proprietorship, a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or a foreign company’s branch office.
4. Apply for the Licence
Obtaining an e-commerce licence is a legal requirement. Moreover, opening a corporate bank account eases when you have an e-trader licence for your e-commerce business. To apply for an e-trader licence, submit the required documents and pay the licence fees.
Shuraa’s experts can help you with the e-commerce licence cost in Dubai and the type of licence required. Based on your company’s business activities, they can also help you get additional approvals, if required.
5. Choose Your Business Location
Every location in Dubai has its own benefits and provides distinct amenities. So, consider the needs of your e-commerce business before you select a business location in Dubai. You can choose from the mainland or one of the free zones.
Consider the size of your staff, the digital infrastructure required and, most importantly, your budget. Apart from this, you’ll have to decide whether to rent or lease the office space.
6. Get Your Licence
You can get your e-commerce company licence after you’ve successfully concluded all the above steps. The licence will not only legitimise your e-commerce company but also promote your stature as an e-commerce business owner in the UAE.
You can also mention being licensed on your e-commerce website. Hence, you’ll earn an image of being trustworthy and safe in the e-commerce market.
7. Launch Your E-commerce Company
Once you get your e-commerce licence, register your desired domain name as soon as possible. Note that domain names are subject to availability. Thus, it is advised to be prepared with a few alternatives for your e-commerce company’s name. Further, look for manufacturers or suppliers offering high-quality products. Also, you may opt for some eye-catching marketing campaigns for your e-commerce business.
What Is the Cost of Starting an E-commerce Business in Dubai?
There are many aspects involved in estimating the total cost of starting your e-commerce company. For instance, the licence and approvals required, ecommerce platform for your website, marketing efforts and so on. So, determining a precise number is not possible. Nonetheless, as for an estimate, the licence can cost you approximately AED 15,000 and more.
Shuraa UK’s professionals will help you start your e-commerce company. They will also ensure you don’t overspend.
Start Your E-commerce Business With Shuraa
With Shuraa, setting up and launching your e-commerce business is more attainable than ever. We can smoothen your journey of establishing your e-commerce business in UAE from start to finish. We’ll provide you with every resource you need to start a successful e-commerce company. We can also provide custom-made business setup packages if your e-commerce company has specific needs. So, let’s get started!