Dubai plays host to some of the world’s most rich culinary arts. This is feasible because of the city’s thriving food business. According to projections, the UAE food service market will grow at a CAGR of 5.22% during the forecast period (2021 – 2026). So, if you are a UK entrepreneur/businessman and are comtemplating starting foodstuff trading in Dubai, it is an excellent time. The growing demand, connectivity, and supportive government policies will help you achieve this.
Dubai is home to a diverse assortment of hotels, restaurants, and cafés that cater to the diverse community. These commercial businesses have a high need for high-quality food supplies to make dishes and serve consumers. The high number of expats operating in the city and their families, who rely on consumables from various brands to meet their daily meal requirements, adds to the demand. This makes the foodstuff trading license in UAE a popular business license.
Foodstuff trading companies in Dubai can trade with anyone inside or outside the UAE. As a result, you can expand your firm abroad after launching a foodstuff trading business in Dubai.
How To Obtain a Foodstuff Trading License In Dubai?
To obtain a foodstuff trading business in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, or any other place in the UAE, you must follow the steps outlined by the Dubai regulatory authorities.
Dubai’s Department of Economic Development handles all the new business registrations on the city’s mainland. New businesses in each free zone, on the other hand, are the responsibility of the free zone authorities.
The general process for obtaining a foodstuff trading license in Ajman mainland or any place else is as follows:
- Firstly, choose your company’s trading name and obtain initial permission from the Department of Economic Development (DED) in Dubai.
- Next, draft the Memorandum of Association (MOA) and get it signed.
- Followed by the MOA, search and rent or lease office space. Submit the tenancy document to the Food Control Section of Dubai Municipality.
- Next, provide all relevant documentation of the DED and complete the payment associated with the DED’s payment voucher. Don’t forget to collect the payment voucher.
- The DED will issue you a food trading license on completing the payment and submitting all the documents.
Note.: Choosing your company’s trading name can be a tricky task for the following reasons:
- In the United Arab Emirates, the regulations governing business names are straightforward. As a result, you cannot use a name similar to a well-known business, use derogatory language, or feature God’s name.
- Furthermore, companies cannot make derogatory statements or use language that offends a community’s sensibility or religious beliefs.
- Also, if you’re naming it after a person, make sure you include their full name.
- It’s important to understand that the limits vary depending on whether your business is headquartered – offshore, on the mainland, or in one of the UAE’s free zones.
What Are the Important Documents Required For Foodstuff Trading in Dubai?
To start a food truck business in Dubai or foodstuff trading in Dubai, you must submit a number of valid documents. Some general documents that you will need are:
- Shareholder’s passport copy
- Shareholder’s visa page or entry stamp
- Passport size photographs of the stakeholders
Note.: You may need to submit a few additional documents to start food stuff trading in Dubai. To learn about the exact documentation requirements, you can contact Shuraa experts.
What is the Cost of a Foodstuff Trading License In Dubai?
Several factors determine the cost of a food stuff trading license in UAE. These include your choice of location (Mainland, free zone, or offshore), optional services, fees of government departments, and more. Generally, setting up a business in the free trade zone costs more than setting it up in other regions.
For more assistance on the total cost of foodstuff trading license in UAE, you can contact Shuraa experts, who will guide you through the entire cost division.
What Are the Important Rules You Should Know?
Because food is sucha vital part of our existence, the authorities in Dubai strictly control food-related enterprises. This does not imply that beginning and sustaining a food stuff trading business in Dubai is difficult.
Your food stuff trading business in Dubai will be allowed only if you follow the laws established by the authorities. Some of the general rules are:
- Containers should be made of contamination-resistant materials
- The food must be transported in a germ-free environment by a germ-free mover.
- You must also separate the food items into appropriate compartments.
- You must maintain the right circumstances (temperature, humidity, etc.) to keep the food products fresh.
- Lastly, all containers must have a temperature monitoring device.
What Can You Do Once You Get a Food Stuff Trading License in UAE?
Besides the main foodstuff trading activities, you can undertake the trading of the following items –
- Ghee and vegetable oils
- Grain, Cereal, and Legumes
- Sugar and Spices
- Snack food
- Soft drinks, Carbonated water, and Mineral water
- Fruits and vegetables
What Are the Top Benefits of Starting a Business in Dubai?
Dubai is one of those cities that offers more than it takes. The supportive government initiatives help organisations make enormous profits and push their businesses to new heights. Following are some of the benefits of starting a business in Dubai:
It will be simple for your business to be known internationally in Dubai because of its modern infrastructure, technology, and supportive environment for investing.
The exceptional services in the UAE allow you to advertise your company successfully. As a result, forming a business in Dubai will boost your firm’s brand awareness, resulting in more leads for your organisation.
The improved connectivity allows you to do business with national and internal clients almost effortlessly. As a result, your company’s identity and exposure may spread throughout the globe, attracting clients from all parts of the globe.
When a country’s economy is solid, the desire to do business there is likely to be positive. That is to say, you will have a good chance of expanding your business and attracting new clients.
The UAE government has enacted strict laws and rules for illicit acts or fraud. This helps to create a secure market environment for a Dubai registered business establishment.
Get Your Food Stuff Trading License With Shuraa
As mentioned, Dubai is one of the best places to set up a business because of its enhanced connectivity, strict law, and a strong economy. Food is a necessity, and the demand for healthy, good quality food will continue to grow. So if you are planning to start a foodstuff trading business in Dubai, this is the right time.
Shuraa experts can help you gather all the necessary documents and apply for a license effortlessly. Our experts will ensure that all your documents are in place and your setup meets the guidelines issued by the government. We are here to assist you at every step of the process. All you have to do is get in touch with us!